Many people tend to overlook the importance of maintenance when using household lighting fixtures. Their typical usage pattern involves purchasing, installing, using, damaging, and discarding the fixture. However, with proper maintenance and adherence to basic usage guidelines, the lifespan of many fixtures can be extended considerably. Today, Canco will share some basic knowledge about LED light fixtures to help you maintain and extend the life of your fixtures.
1. After purchasing a lighting fixture, do not rush to install it. Carefully read the installation instructions and follow them to the letter to avoid any potential hazards.
2. Do not alter the structure of the lamps and lanterns during cleaning and maintenance, and do not change the parts of the lamps and lanterns at will; after maintenance, the lamps and lanterns should be installed as they are, and do not miss or mis-install the parts of the lamps and lanterns.
3. Avoid frequent on/off cycling of the fixture, even though LED lights can withstand approximately 18 times more switching than fluorescent lights. Excessive cycling can still impact the lifespan of the LED’s internal electronic components and ultimately the fixture itself.
4. Note that ordinary LED fixtures should not be used in damp environments, except for special LED fixtures. Dampness can damage the electronic components of the LED driver and shorten the lifespan of the fixture.
Therefore, moisture prevention is crucial for lighting fixture maintenance, especially for LED lights in bathrooms, kitchens, and other damp areas. Install moisture-resistant lampshades to prevent moisture ingress, avoid corrosion, and prevent electrical leakage or short circuits.
5. Finally, it is not advisable to clean LED lights with water. Use a damp cloth to wipe them clean, and if you accidentally spill water on them, wipe it off immediately. Do not use a damp cloth to clean the fixture immediately after turning it on.
- Ordinary LED lights should not be used in circuits with dimmer switches, delayed switches, or motion sensors.
- Avoid using LED lights in high-temperature and high-humidity environments.
- LED lighting fixtures are mainly powered by a driver. It is recommended that non-professionals should not attempt to disassemble or reassemble them to prevent electric shock or other hazards.
- LED lighting fixtures should be used in environments with temperatures between 5°C and 40°C.
- The metal part of LED lighting fixtures should not be free to use chemical agents such as polishing powder.
- Dust behind LED lighting fixtures can be cleaned with a dry cloth or duster.
- Avoid frequent on/off cycling to avoid unnecessary wear and tear on the fixture.
When considering shopping for your next lighting option, use Canco Lighting high quality LED lighting products. Because we are always committed to lighting products that reduce glare, optimize light output, render the purest colors, and ensure efficiency within our products so that in turn, using and depending on our lighting and design is easy and carefree for the products’ lifetime.